Review Achieve

Friday, September 16, 2011

ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
 Pages: 372
 Series: Anna and the French Kiss # 1
 Release Date:  December 2, 2010
Publisher:  Dutton

Goodreads | Amazon

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.  

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?

Okay, clearly I need to stop doing my review in order and just reviewing with all of my thoughts. So here I go...

Whoa! I think I am one of the last people that just finally finished reading Anna and the French Kiss. Ekk, so embarrassing! <///< So anyways.. the other reviews on this book are mostly right. It's so romance, it makes my heart beat and Stephanie's writing is fantastic! Anna is an interesting and funny main character, she is like the perfect voice for this book and Etienne, Aah the hottie, The English/French/American. Of course there have to be a hottie to get the main character's attention. Etienne can be so sweet, but sometimes he does the most simplest things that make people hurt inside like staying with Ellie for like most of the book! Oh please even we know that he loves Anna. This is one of the most romantic and funniest book I have ever read. The cover is so simple, so if someone didn't recommend it, I wouldn't have read it. I know, I know! Never judge a book by its cover, but so much amazing books have ah-amazing covers! Anyways this is the book for the people that want a good read from the City of Light and the strangest thing is that I am taking French right now hehe.





★★★★ 4/5 Stars 




Why the 4? Why not a 5?  


Well, you see.. I love this book I really do, but it's not like a WOW to me. It's realistic kind of, but not like fully at all, I am find with that, but it was just something missing... I will totally read Stephenie's other books :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh man. A lot of people I know seem to love this book. Like the girl in your header reading a book. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh.
    Actually, I wasn't too much of a fan of this book.
    I TOTALLY understand how the realistic levels are down for the book, in these points:
    - Etienne... he's three cultures. Not impossible, but couldn't that be somebody ELSE'S love interest and not the main character's?
    - A school in Paris. Why would her father do that? That's the question which haunts me.
    - From my eyes, Meredith and Anna are the ame people. They are both (as Etienne described Anna) "Smart, funny, and actually listens to him."
    Why did he choose Anna?
    :D
    GREAT REVIEW!
    Remy xx

    ReplyDelete