Review Achieve

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A KISS IN TIME



 A Kiss in Time 
by Alex Flinn
 Pages: 371
 Series: N/A
 Release Date:  December 8, 2010
Publisher: HarperCollins

Goodreads | Amazon


Talia fell under a spell. . . . 
Jack broke the curse. 


I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic. . . .


I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.


I awakened in the same place but in another time—to a stranger's soft kiss.


I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen. 


Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!


Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels. . . . 
The good news: My parents will freak! Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all—even time?


First Thoughts: Well, I loved Beastly, it was a fun read and I thought, "hey, I wonder if A Kiss in Time is fun to read to!" I have always wanted to read a modern retelling of one of my favorite fairy tale of all time, Sleeping Beauty.  


Cover: The cover is simple and pretty, I love the flower and the forming of the title, not too much and not too little.


Setting: I love the setting in the modern world and not in the castle of Talia.


Characters: I love Talia, she is hilarious. I love reading her point of view and how she lives in a world where she's no princess. I love her voice and attitude. So enjoyable. Jack was an okay character to me, but I love that he is so sweet after getting to know Talia and having the guts to say "I don't want you." to his cheating pretty ex-girlfriend.     


Plot- The plot is a fantastic and amazing retelling of Sleeping Beauty and I know I will read it over and over again.     


Recommends: To all fairy tale lovers and all of Alex Flinn's fans!!   


Rate: ★ 5/5 STARS!



1 comment:

  1. This sounds good! Glad you liked it. I'll have to add it to my book list. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm now a follower.

    ReplyDelete