Review Achieve

Friday, August 19, 2011

Take my Breath Away Thursday (Late!)


Take My Breath Away is a new memo created by pageturnersblog.com. Each Thursday I will post quotes that takes my breath away.


"No one really needs me," he says, and there's no selfpity in his voice. It's true his family doesn't need him. They will mourn him, as will a handfull of friends. But they will get on. Even Haymitch with the help of white liquor  will get on. I realise only one person will be damaged beyond repair if Peeta dies. Me.

"I do," I say. "I need you." he looks upset, takes a deep breath as if to begin a long argument, and that's no good, no good at all, because he'll start going on about Prim, my mother and everything and I will just get confused. So before he can talk I stop his lips with a kiss."

- Katniss and Peeta from Catching Fire


"You have carried my heart in your hands tonight but I have felt as if you carried it long before that"
- Holly Black (Valiant)

"Clever as the Devil, and twice as pretty."
-Holly Black (White Cat)

"Once someone's hurt you, it's harder to relax around them, harder to think of them as safe to love. But it doesn't stop you from wanting them."

-Holly Black (White Cat)

"I can't trust the people I care about not to hurt me. And I'm not sure I can trust myself not to hurt them, either."

-Holly Black (White Cat)

"I need you to be happy. I need one of us to be happy."

-Holly Black (Red Glove)


No comments:

Post a Comment